Vitriol and observations from an extremely angry little man.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thank you for contacting us regarding your problem, which we won't be helping you with.


Dear MR BRENDAN

Thank you for contacting Panasonic.

We do regret to hear that your product is not operating properly.

Based on the information you have provided, we recommend having the
product checked by an authorized Panasonic service center.

You can visit the following address to find the authorized service
facility in your area.

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/WhereTo/FindServicer.asp?Pass=1

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank You,
Panasonic Consumer Support










Dear Sir or Madam,


It is obvious that NOBODY ON YOUR END BOTHERED TO READ MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE! How do I know this? Well, in my previous message, I specifically stated that I'd attempted to use your Web site to find a Panasonic service center in my area, but that I'd been unable to do so because your site returned the following error message:

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'blnJSWritten'

/WhereTo/SvcrLocFns.asp, line 631
"

So you reply back to me telling me you're sorry my Panasonic product is not working, and you recommend taking it to a Panasonic service center. And then you give me a link to the same, exact Panasonic page which I just told you IS NOT WORKING!

And guess what? IT'S STILL NOT WORKING!

I know this because I just tried again to find a Panasonic service center in my area and got the same error message listed above and listed in my previous message to you.

IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS AND USE KEYWORDS SUCH AS "ANGRY" AND "FUCK," IS THERE SOME HOPE THAT THE ALGORITHM READING THIS WILL FLAG MY MESSAGE FOR ATTENTION BY AN ACTUAL HUMAN BEING WHO WILL TAKE THE TIME TO READ MY MESSAGE?

I certainly hope so, but I am not optimistic. To re-state my original problem, in case you're not smart enough to find that message:

I have a Panasonic PV-GS320 camcorder. It needs to be serviced. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My zip code is 94044. Kindly direct me to a service center in my area.

Sincerely,

Brendan


UPDATE!

10 November 2009:

Dear MR BRENDAN

Thank you for contacting Panasonic.

Based on the information you have provided, we recommend having the
product checked by an authorized Panasonic service center.

You can visit the following authorized service facility in your area.

DIGITAL SERVICE SOLUTIONS
1155 TRITON DR STE B
FOSTER CITY
CA 94404
650-341-2161

PANASONIC CAMERA AND DIGITAL S
800-211-7262
1590 TOUHY AVE
ELK GROVE VILLAGE
IL 60007

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Thank You,
Panasonic Consumer Support




Dear Sir or Madam,

I am pleasantly surprised to see that in your most recent communique, you have actually provided me with useful information. Did somebody on your end accidently read and comprehend my previous message to you?

Well anyway, it is enormously helpful that you've provided me with the names, addresses, and phone numbers of two authorized Panasonic service centers. The one in Foster City is less than a half-hour's drive from my home, and I think I shall bring my camcorder to them!

I have chosen that facility, because the other one you listed, the one that's in Elk Grove Village, IL, is more than two thousand miles from my home. According to Mapquest, I could make it there in 31.5 hours, but I fear the gasoline cost would be prohibitive.

Plus, I'm sure your service center will need my camcorder for at least a day or two, if not longer, so there's the cost of a hotel stay to consider.

And then, of course, I'd have to figure on another 31.5 hours to drive back home.

Plus there would be wear and tear and depreciation on my car.

So really, of the two options you've given me, I think you'll agree that the Foster City facility is the one I should choose.

Unless...

Do you know something I don't?

Are you subtly trying to tell me that the folks at your Foster City repair center are just as clueless as the algorithms answering your e-mails?

If you're implying that the service in Foster City is so bad that I'm better off driving to Illinois than dealing with them, well, I guess that's something I'll have to think about before I make up my mind for sure where I'm going to go.

Darn.

I really do appreciate the "heads up," but...

I just wish things didn't always have to be so complicated.

Many Thanks,

Brendan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers